This article explains how to update and interact with customer tickets to give them a great customer service experience. Before you get started here though, it might be helpful to learn:
And how to:
- Change a ticket’s [[priority]]:
- Add a comment to or update a ticket or change attributes like its queue, update type, status, owner, or priority by clicking the Comment button.
- Send a customer a message by clicking the Reply button.
- Resolve the issue by clicking the Resolve or Instant Resolve button.
- Steal a ticket from another agent with the Steal button.
- Merge multiple tickets together using the Merge button.
Ticket interaction options include:
- Comment: add an internal comment to the ticket for other user agents, and optionally, attach files like a screenshot. Comments are NOT visible to customers, and are intended to be a way for your team to communicate updates, issues, or other questions to other users in your organization. You can see all of the comments made at the bottom of each ticket in the notes tab.
- Reply: reply directly to a customer. This option will open the message customer window. You can learn more about messaging customers here: Message customers.
- Resolve: changes the ticket’s status to resolved, and opens the message customer panel. Note that the ticket’s status will not be updated until a message is sent.
- Instant Resolve: changes the ticket’s status to resolved, but does not open the message window.
- Steal: if another agent has been assigned this ticket, you can use Steal to reassign it to yourself.
- Merge Ticket: merge this ticket with another one. You can only merge tickets from the same customer email address. Merging tickets preserves the status, category, notify date, and owner of the ticket you clicked the Merge Ticket button from. All interactions with both tickets are preserved.