This article explains how rules work in RequestTrackerPro, and how to create them. You can also:
How Rules Work
Rules in RequestTrackerPro let you automate a variety of different tasks and can make ticket management easier. If you’ve used software like If This Then That, Rules work similarly: when a ticket with a specific condition is met, then RequestTrackerPro will perform an action on that ticket.
There are lots of different ways that your organization can take advantage of rules. You can use them to simplify assigning agents or categories to tickets, move to a more appropriate queue, or even add it to an agent’s watchlist so they’re sure not to miss it.
Note: only managers and admins can create rules.
Create a New Rule
- To create rules, click the Admin Menu button and select Rule Management.
- Click the Add New Rule button.
- Enter a name and description for the rule. Customers will not see the name and description.
- Click the Add New Condition button, and select a condition.
- Optionally, click the to add additional conditions for this rule.
- Click the Add New Action button, and select an action.
- Optionally, click the to add additional actions for this rule.
- Click Create.