This article explains how to edit or remove an existing heatmap. You can also learn:
- How heatmaps work
- Create a new heatmap
The heatmap feature gives support tickets a color depending on how old they are, and is a great way for your agents to be able to prioritize tickets at a glance.
When looking at a queue, the ticket’s ID field is given a specific color depending on how old it is. For example, a ticket that was created within the last 30 minutes might be green, between 30 and 59 minutes orange, and older than 60 minutes red.
Heatmaps automatically apply to all of your existing queues.
Note that changing your heatmap settings may take a little while to update, but you can log out and log back in to RequestTrackerPro to speed up the process.
To get start with heatmaps:
- Click the Admin Menu button and select Heatmap Management.
- Enter a value for the minutes and color fields.Minutes: the time threshold for when the designated heatmap value is applied to the ticket’s ID. Use 0 to apply this color to new incoming tickets, 15 to apply this color to tickets 15 minutes old, and so on.Color: the color that the ticket’s ID receives. You can use the color picker to select a color manually, or use a hex value to set a specific color. If you don’t know the hex color you want to use already, there are also online tools like this one from Google.
- Once you’re finished, click Create.
Although you can use any color scheme and time threshold you like, here is a good baseline that further tweak later:
- Green: #1cdb32 at 30 minutes.
- Orange: #ff9000 at 90 minutes.
- Red: #ff0000 at 180 minutes.
Edit and Remove Heatmaps
You can use the and buttons to update your heatmap settings.