In RequestTrackerPro, a department is a subdivision of your staff, and works similarly to the way many businesses split their employees into different departments. For example, an online retailer might have different departments for Shipping, Billing, Customer Support, and Legal employees.
Note that departments are entirely optional. However, keep in mind that if you don’t set up departments, then all users will be able to access all queues.
You can divide your staff into as many — or as few — departments as you like.
To start working with departments, first click the Admin Menu button and select Department Management.
Create a New Department
- From the Departments screen, click the Add New Department button.
- Enter a name for the new department.
- Click in the Users box, and select each user you want to include in the department. Note that you can include the same person in multiple departments.
- Click in the Queues box, and select which queues this department will have access to.
- Once you’re satisfied, click Create.